Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Throwback Thursday!

This week I wanted to feature something that was not as familiar to me.  I love a lot of country music, but there are some things that I am unaware of, mainly because I wasn't born yet...like this song from Charlie Pride.  "Does My Ring Hurt Your Finger" is a song I hadn't heard before and this performance is from the late 60s. 



It's kind of funny...I haven't been wearing my wedding ring lately.  I got used to not wearing it when I was pregnant with Tyler because my fingers swelled so badly.  Perhaps I'll need to remember to wear it tomorrow!

Charlie Pride is know for being the first black country star and his track record includes 36 #1 hit singles, over 70 million albums sold, 31 gold and 4 platinum albums - including one quadruple platinum.  My favorite Charlie Pride song is "Kiss An Angel Good Morning," which came out in 1971 and helped Charlie win Entertainer of the Year at the CMAs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment