Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Basket?

Okay, so I am a sucker for baskets...but I just can't see the Easter Bunny spending $10 on a basket for my kids to abuse, throw away, or collect dust in the basement. I realize that some stores have baskets for $1, but they are so flimsy that they break as soon as you pick them up, because the contents are too heavy. So, that is why the EB tends to think outside of the "basket" for our family.

For those of you wondering, the Easter Bunny and I are tight and we talk about this stuff way ahead of time...we also discuss what I think is appropriate to fill the "baskets" with too. Now that we cleared that up, here is what the EB will be bringing my little ones this year.

Jonathan's suitcase, which he got as a birthday present from my sister for his 2nd birthday, has slowly been falling apart. Not that we go on a lot of vacations, but it is perfect for spending the night at Grandma and Grandpa's house. So, this rocket suitcase will be filled with all kinds of goodies on Easter morning:



It hasn't looked too much like spring here in northern Indiana, but a few days ago, it was nice enough to venture into the backyard and rediscover the play set. That's when I was reminded that we don't have a baby swing for little Tyler. He was a little too small last year, but will have a ball with his Easter "basket" this year!



While I am not an "organic" or "all natural" freak, I do feel that excessive sugar definitely affects behavior, so the amount of candy has been limited too. My children will be delighted to find bubbles, books, games, and Legos left by the Easter Bunny. Of course, there will be some candy too, because after all, Mommy needs to be able to sneak a few pieces!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!! I love your unconventional basket ideas! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete