Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Springtime Purge

I am embarrassed to say this, but we had a garage sale in the fall and when the sale was over, I shut the garage door and never touched anything until this past weekend. I was depressed that not much sold and I just didn't have the energy and the time to pack everything up and either put it away for next year's sale or to box it up for charity. Then it simply got too cold for me to think about spending hours in the cold garage cleaning. Life got rolling along and before I knew it, the garage sale was still there...lifelessly frozen in time.

The weather this weekend was so gorgeous that we couldn't stand not being outside. I had no more excuses and needed to do something about it...so off it went to Goodwill. A whole car load!



We drove to the donation center as a familiy and the kids had fun watching us. When my husband threw an old plate rack into the donation pile, my heart skipped a beat and I said, "Oh, I didn't know you put that plate rack in there. Maybe I should keep that!" His reply?  "You haven't hung it in 12 years, what makes you think you will now?" Husband 1, Wife 0. Maybe I need to purge a little more often...

Once all of the "junk" was out of our way, I was able to rediscover some things I had purposely placed in the garage with the idea of doing something with it or reusing it.  Case in point, this little gem--



Stay tuned to see what happened to this bookcase that was given to us by my husband's great-grandmother! You might even be amazed by my little helper!

No comments:

Post a Comment