Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 28, 2011

My Glue Gun Is Hot Again!

Having this blog has inspired me to get those ole creative juices flowing again! Believe it or not, before I had my kids, I was really into crafting. Now, I am not nearly as talented as some of the wonderful women I have discovered in the blososphere--there are so many wonderful crafting blogs and so many talented women out there! Crafting was something, however, that I really enjoyed and I enjoyed the time I set aside for myself to have a little fun.

When I saw this egg wreath from Keeping It Simple last week, I just had to dust off my craft supplies.  I love that she used plastic eggs!  I would have never thought to do this, even though I have a ton in storage!  I also love that she used cardboard as the base for the wreath, making this project very inexpensive.  I have plenty of diaper boxes around, and it was just the right strength to handle this project!   



Once I discovered that one of my glue guns no longer worked and that I needed to purchase new glue sticks, I was on my way to whipping up this gem.  It has really brightening up my front door and I am proud of myself for actually accomplishing my first craft project in I don't know how long!  When all was said and done, it only cost me $3.44 and gave me the much needed boost back into crafting!

4 comments:

  1. so cute and simple! Love it! ♥ BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it's so nice to have so many talented women to be inspired by. :) Your wreath is so bright and cheerful it makes me want to make one as well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies! And you should totally make one, Janet!

    ReplyDelete