Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Throwback Thursday: The Gentle Giant

Don Williams is known as the "Gentle Giant." With a smooth baritone voice, Williams draws the listener into his songs and captivates them. The tall, somewhat gangly, crooner sings so tenderly and is truly a country music legend.

I remember sometime in the early 90s I attended one of his shows, but at the time, was more excited to see his opening act, Lorrie Morgan. But, by the end of the concert, I was hooked on Don Williams. Now, don't get me wrong, I was familiar with his music and even liked it, but seeing him perform live was absolutely an event.  It doesn't matter how flashy you are if you can't really sing, so with pipes like these, I an see why he sits back and let's it flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment