Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Company Party Time!

Okay, sorry for the pause in blogging...but this is a busy time of year! 

Every year, I look forward to the kids holiday party at work.  I am so glad that my employer continues this tradition.  Radio has been hit so hard in the last few years with the state of our economy, that cut backs have been made every where.  Unfortunately, holiday parties are easily placed on the chopping block.  Which, by the way, it has for our "traditional" holiday office party, but the kids have kept theirs! 

Every year, Santa makes an appearance and the kids get to sit on his lap and tell him what they want for Christmas--and they get an early present for being so good!  We snack on cookies and take home a goody bag filled with radio biz perks!  We are talking gift certificates and show tickets!!  The kids will be so excited to see Sesame Street LIVE in January! 



I'm happy to report that Tyler's first visit with Santa went well--although he can't get over those two new teeth, so his tongue keeps running over them, but I think the picture is still cute!

This year, Santa's "elf" provided some extra entertainment.  He made these amazing balloon hats for the kids.  Jonathan had his heart set on a Rudolf hat, but when he got up to "Fitzwilly" he asked for a Christmas tree.  Go figure! 



When we left the party, we went to Fazoli's for dinner in order to redeem the free meal certificate Jonathan got for having perfect attendance the first 9 weeks of school.  We then piled in the car with the snacks from our party goody bags and drove around looking at Christmas lights.






 Tyler REALLY enjoyed his snacks!  I had a fabulous time with my family and I am very thankful to work for a company who puts kids and families first!  I'm very fortunate to have hit the Mommy jackpot when it comes to doing what I love for a living and yet still being able to spend the majority of my day at home.  These little perks are the icing on the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment