Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 27, 2010

Can I Get A New Jingle Package, Please?

I was talking with a co-worker a couple of weeks ago about having a certain song stuck in my head.  It wasn't a country song or a pop song, but rather a French children's song.  If you have a baby swing, bouncer, or any infant toy that plays music at all, you know what song I am talking about.  Yep, "Frere Jacques." 

That's when this co-worker complained to me about the ice cream truck that has been circling her house all summer playing the same "I can't get it out of my head even though I don't know the words" song!  Why does anything and everything having to do with kids use this song?  That's when we decided that baby gear needs a new jingle package. 

Can I get some Laurie Berkner or They Might Be Giants?  Heck even Kenny Loggin's craptapular "Pooh's Corner" would be welcomed six-months into this baby thing.  At least it would be something different! 

By the way.  Does anyone even really know the words to Frere Jacques?  I had to look it up just find out how to spell it, there is no way I could sing it all.  When I did look it up, though I learned a few things.  First of all, here are the rest of the words:

Frere Jacques, Frere Jacques, dormez vous?  Dormez vous?
Sonnez les matines!  Sonnez les matines!
Din, dan, don.  Din, dan, don.

Whatever....
 Here's the English version:

Are you sleeping? Are you sleeping?
Brother John, Brother John,
Morning bells are ringing! Morning bells are ringing!
Ding, dang, dong. Ding, dang, dong.

Uh, all this time I thought the words were "Croisan'which has more stuffin than the Egg McMuffin."  Which is exactly what has been stuck in my head all these years.  Whose to say 1980s advertising didn't work? 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment