Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Not A Belt!

It seems that my five-year-old doesn't want to go to Kindergarten anymore.  You can imagine my concern when he announced this to me yesterday.  What could have happened?  Is he missing me too much, or his baby brother?  Daddy?  Is it hard for him?  Was someone mean to him?  All kinds of scenarios raced through my head and I was wondering how in the world I was going to handle this one. 

"Why don't you want to go back to school, sweetie?"  I carefully asked.  He replied with, "because you have to wear a belt!"

The relief rushed out of me as a crisis was diverted.  At least for me, the belt crisis still exists for Jonathan.  You see, he must wear a uniform to attend his public school.  The shirts must be tucked in, and a belt must be worn with dress pants or khakis.  I bought him a dress belt to go with his cute little dress shorts when we were school shopping, but that proved to be a little too difficult for him to master.  It was too hard to figure out how to get off.  So, Daddy took things into his hands over the weekend and bought him a belt "he used to have as a kid" thinking the sliding device would be easier for Jonathan to operate. 

I guess we have both failed on the belt buying front, because Jonathan came home from school yesterday with his new belt broken.  I guess it wasn't as easy to get off afterall. 

If he could tie his shoes, I'd just throw some rope around his waist and call it good.  In the meantime, he'll have to keep shimming his pants off with a very loose dress belt around his waist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment