Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Adding To The Collection

If there were only dinosaurs, rocks, and Colby cheese in this world, my 5-year-old would be just fine.  In fact, his rock collection is quite impressive.  Every year we head to the gem and mineral show at our local fairgrounds and Jonathan gets all kinds of treasures to add to his collection.  It is amazing that they just give kids all these really cool rocks and teach them about all the different types of minerals.  I feel like Jonathan has already far exceeded my knowledge in this area and it amazes me the material he can retain. 

This year, my little budding geologist had a different prize in mind, however.  You see, you might have noticed that I have been M.I.A. for about a week now.  That's because I had a minor surgery to remove my gall bladder.  It seems I had a stone that was creating some issues for me.  (Do you see where this is going?)  So, I opted to have the problem removed, but had to take some time off. 

The moment Jonathan knew that Mommy had a stone inside her, he was fascinated.  You would have thought I was a superhero!  Everyday he would ask me, "Did you get your stone cut out today, Mommy?"



While I was in surgery, my parents were kind enough to watch the kiddos for me.  And were kind enough to stay a few days to help out around the house, and in particular, with the baby.  Apparently, while they were waiting for me to come home, Jonathan told Grandma, "I sure hope they bring that stone home so I can add it to my collection!"

No comments:

Post a Comment