Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Working Mom Blues

Just when I think I have this whole working mom thing balanced, life throws me a curve ball.  Lately I have been having a blast doing my radio show, blogging my heart out, helping with homework, making lunches packed with love, doing personal appearances, having extra alone time with the baby, and cooking more.  I have been feeling like a rock star! 

It was all wonderful until this week.  Tyler is sick.  Not just a little sick, but high fever-need someone to hold me constantly-can't drink or eat because my throat is so sore-sick.  Of course, the person he would prefer to constantly hold him is me.  And I am happy to do it, but I have had to still work this week.  Now, I have a wonderful husband who is a wonderful father and is home with the baby.  I know that he is doing a great job and is loving the heck out of our little guy.  He has even been doing the night shift with him because he knows I need to get up early and go to work.  He is wonderful!  But, he is not me. 

You see, part of the reason why I work is because I need a paycheck.   Since I had to take a maternity leave this year, however, I have used all of my sick and vacation time.  Meaning...if I don't go to work, I don't get paid.  This means that "Mommy Guilt" has reared its ugly and cruel head.  Luckily, part of the "balance" of my working mom life is that I only work part-time.  Which means I'll only be tortured for half the day.  That is, until I get home and see that pitiful face.   

1 comment:

  1. poor momma and poor tyler, hope he feels better soon and that you can get over your guilt, it is a hard thing to balance, but in the long run i think our kids love us for all we do for them!

    ReplyDelete