Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 13, 2010

Bringing Out The Fall!

It is here!!  My favorite time of year.  Maybe it's because my birthday is in the fall and it was always such an exciting time as a child.  Maybe it's because it is the prelude to the Christmas season and the beginning of such celebration.  Or it could just be the sounds, smells, and tastes that make me L-O-V-E fall! 

This morning I sipped on my morning cup of joe with my favorite coffee creamer added...International Delight's Pumpkin Pie Spice.  That's when I thought, it is sooo time to bring out the fall!  I have so many fall decorations and today is the day they are coming out of storage!  I like to call my decorating style "country chic."  Or "country couture."  And I really get to go hog wild on that style this time of year! 

A couple of years ago, I tried this project and it has become one of my favorite things to display.  Here's how I did it:

A friend of mine had an Uppercase Living party, so I decided to purchase this cute little fall saying to add to my decor. I was a little hesitant to stick any of these on my walls...in case I got tired of it too soon. Keep in mind, that I love to do crafts, but I am not the most artistic person in the world. I decided to place my saying on a board, which my hubby put some finishing details to. So, armed with spray paint and my decal...away I went.






Painting the board was not so hard...although I did have to move inside because it was too windy outside and I was getting grass clippings on my masterpiece. (I told you, not so artistic) Anyway, getting these letters to actually adhere to what I wanted them to was rather difficult. It took a lot of rubbing and manipulating. I thought this was supposed to be for the creatively challenged folks. I mean after all, if I could paint well, I wouldn't need these words. After about an hour and a half and many fingernail pull offs and resets, I finally finished my project. While the first and last words came out beautifully, the main lettering looks a little bad. I don't care, however, and have proudly displayed my project in my dinning area.

By the way, no one has ever said anything to me about those imperfections and if I didn't point them out obsessively, it would probably go completely unnoticed. 

I have plenty of projects and fun menu items planned for this year and cannot wait to blog about them this fall!  In the meantime, I'm going to sip some more pumpkin coffee and breathe in that wonderful fall air!

No comments:

Post a Comment