Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Candied Carrot Recipe

It has been awhile since I have shared a recipe, but I made a favorite around our household over the weekend and thought I'd share it today.  My candied carrots were a hit over the holidays and they are really easy to prepare, plus I like that not too many people think of bringing carrots--at least in the cook form--to a pot luck, so this is a go-to recipe of mine. 



I like to use baby carrots to save time and energy on the peeling and slicing and I also like the way they look.  I think the organic baby carrots taste better than the regular ones too.  You could use a regular 2lb bag of carrots, however, peeled and sliced. 

1 package of baby carrots
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed

Boil the carrots with the salt and sugar for about 20 minutes, or until they are really soft.  Drain the carrots, then melt the butter and the brown sugar in the same pan.  When the mixture becomes nice and bubbly, toss the carrots back in and coat them evenly. 

You can also freeze this dish and have an easy and yummy side when you need it.  Just allow the carrots to cool completely and place them in a freezer bag.  I usually prepare my frozen carrots by placing them in my slow cooker for a couple of hours before I need them.  That's also an easy way to transport them to a pot luck.  You could also heat them in the oven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment