Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Throwback Thursday!

If anyone knows me at all, you know that I absolutely positively L-O-V-E the Kentucky Headhunters.  They are my favorite country artists of all time.  I know that some might think I'm crazy and can argue with me for saying "of all time," but when I hear their music happiness just overwhelms me.  That's what music should be.  Something that moves you so much the only thing you can feel is happiness.  For me, that is the Kentucky Headhunters.  When ever I am in a bad mood, feeling down, or just want to "rock out," I throw in the Heads and let loose. 

I had the pleasure of meeting and hanging out with them a few years ago and it made my career.  Again, you might think that is crazy, but it is true.  If you would have told the 13-year-old girl who worshiped Fred, Richard, Gregg, Ricky, and Doug that she would one day be hanging out backstage with them at one of their concerts, she would have passed out. 

I am glad that I can say Richard Young is one of the nicest people I have ever met and didn't give a second thought to call me himself to set up an interview and to give me his personal cell phone number.  And I love the way he says my name.  "Aaaa-me."  Rock on my friends, rock on!



By the way...now you all know where the red glasses came from that I wore for years!

No comments:

Post a Comment