Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Throwback Thursday!

Before Rascal Flatts, there was another super group on the top of the country charts.  Restless Heart.  I have to admit, I almost forgot about them until I decided to do this post.  I didn't really forget about them...I mean I spent hours in my bedroom singing their songs at the top of my lungs, so I could never forget them...but I did forget just how GOOD they were.  I mean, they were GOOD!  In fact, they had six #1 songs and nine more that broke the top 10.  They also enjoyed crossover success, which is not surprising when you put out good music.  As I went back  and listened to their songs that were hits in the late 80s and early 90s I thought, "these could still be hits today."  And then I thought, "it's a shame the way Country radio has forgotten all past fames." 

I am glad to report that the band is still together and touring.  They were on hiatus for awhile, but all of the original members are back together and making the rounds!  If you would like to purchase their music, click here.   

I had a hard time deciding which song I wanted to feature--there are so many good ones to choose from!    I think I broke my tape rewinding "Wheels" so many times, or "The Bluest Eyes in Texas."  But, I decided to feature the song they are probably most famous for:  "I'll Still Be Loving You."  Now, I need that tour of theirs to come my way this summer!




If you would like to watch more videos click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment