Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

November Exercise Update

Okay, I thought I'd give you an update on how my "I'm going to exercise everyday of November" idea was going.  Short story?  It didn't happen. 

I think I was a bit ambitious.  Although, I did that purposely.  I knew if my goal was to simply, "exercise more," I would have never gotten off the couch!  And since I didn't want to enter other holiday season were I eat myself into another 10 pound weight gain that I'll never get ride of, I knew I had to do something drastic!  So, the idea of doing some type of exercise every day was born.  However, I did not stick to it.  I did exercise, just not everyday.

 I did manage to attend my Zumba class every week, which I am proud of, because before this challenge to myself, I hadn't been working out at all.  Having a work buddy attend the class with me has really helped motivate me to go, especially because the class is at a rather inconvenient time. 

And while some days I counted vacuuming and walking further in the parking lot of a store as exercise, other days I did DVD workouts and on most days I turned on some music and danced like nobody was watching!  In doing so, my baby found his groove, and Jonathan had a blast dancing around with me.  It has really become a bonding experience for us...just a time for us to let loose of our troubles and dance our fannies off!  I love that Tyler learned to boogie during this activity!



As you can hear, we are fans of Eric Church!  If you are wondering if I have lost any weight, the answer would be "a little."  Three pounds to be exact.  Not exactly earth shattering, but since I did not change my diet at all, I think that is pretty good.  I do think that I have lost some inches, however.  I didn't have the forethought to measure myself before this challenge, but a lot of people have been asking me if I have lost weight.  Plus, all of my pants are quite a bit bigger than than used to be.  In fact, I was able to go down a size when I was shopping for a new pair of jeans, and that's a size I haven't seen in years! 

I know that November isn't over...so I'm off to Zumba!

No comments:

Post a Comment