Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Throwback Thursday!

Who doesn't love the Oak Ridge Boys?  The first concert I ever attended was an Oak Ridge Boys concert.  It was the early 80s and Steve Wariner, an Indiana native, opened for them.  The concert tickets were a Christmas gift for me and my sisters from our parents, and we were all ecstatic about going!  I remember when they hit the stage, one of my sisters grabbed my father's leg so hard that he had to hold in a yelp.  The Oaks continue to tour and I have been fortunate enough to see them in concert several more times and have had the privilege of meeting them as well.  In fact, I bet a lot of people have met them!  They are so gracious to their fans and make a point to greet them after every show!  They are coming to South Bend for a Christmas show on December 20th, which I'm sure will be a great show!  The Oak Ridge Boys are also avid Twitter users and Joe Bonsall is very good at tweeting back!

Here is a clip from when the Oak Ridge Boys appeared on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson in 1982...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment